Begin your future today
Review our Admissions requirements to get you started.
Students desiring to enter a Degree Program at UNIR International University should contact the Admissions Office or log onto our website at unir.edu to submit an application. Students should submit their applications well in advance of the date they desire to enter the University to permit proper scheduling and assure availability. Local applicants are encouraged to visit the University in person. International applicants may apply online. The University uses a rolling admissions policy.
The Admissions Office is open throughout the week during the following hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 7:00pm, and Saturday by appointment.
General Admissions Requirements
- Must be 18 years or older or have written permission from a parent/legal guardian.
- Complete an interview with Admissions by in-person, telephone, or video conference.
- Complete an enrollment agreement.
- Provide a copy of a high school diploma, or high school transcript, or GED, or the equivalent document if the applicant completed secondary education in another country. Documents from non-English speaking countries must be translated into English and evaluated by an approved educational evaluation service attesting that the degree/or credits earned are equivalent to a degree/credits earned at an accredited institution of higher education or to be a least the equivalent to a US high school diploma in the United States.
Applicants will not be required to provide proof of high school graduation when they provide the following:
- Official Transcripts of college credits or of an earned degree from an accredited institution recognized by the United States Department of Education;
- If documents are from another country: An evaluation of an official transcript by an approved educational evaluation service attesting the degree/or credits earned are equivalent to a degree/credits earned at a US accredited institution of higher education.
- Provide official transcript from other approved postsecondary schools if seeking transfer credit. Documents from non-English speaking countries must be translated into English and evaluated by an approved educational evaluation service attesting that the degree/or credits earned are equivalent to a degree/credits earned at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States.
- cceptable postsecondary institutions of education include: Institutions accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or Institutions recognized by the Department / Ministry of Education of the country where the institution is in operation.
- International students must have earned the following score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language: Computer Based (CBT) – 173. TOEFL is not required for applicants who have graduated from a college or university in the US accredited in a manner accepted by UNIR International University.
- Applicants must complete program specific admissions’ requirements as set forth in this catalog.
Graduate Degrees Admissions’ Requirements
Students pursuing a Master’s degree Program at UNIR International University must successfully complete 30-36 semester credit hours beyond the Bachelor’s level in specific graduate level curriculum. Required credit hours per program are detailed in the Program Description and Breakdown per program.
In addition to the General Admissions Requirements, Master’s Degree Program applicants must:
- Hold a four-year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent credential conferred by an approved institution of postsecondary education and provide official transcripts. A minimum of 120 Credit Hours minimally at the undergraduate level to include at least 30 Semester hours of General Education Credit
- An undergraduate degree in a specific field is not a requirement; qualified students from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, unless otherwise specified in the program requirements. The Admission decision is based on a combination of a student’s undergraduate academic performance, relevant professional experience, and letters of recommendation.
- Three (3) years of full-time relevant work experience recommended.
Undergraduate Degrees Admissions Requirements
In addition to the General Admissions Requirements:
Students pursuing an undergraduate degree at UNIR International University must successfully complete a minimum of 123 semester credit hours if enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree as follows:
- For Bachelor’s Degrees: Complete 30 credit hours (mandatory) of prescribed general education courses, and 93 credit hours of prescribed major courses.
BS Nursing (RN to BSN) Admissions Requirements
In addition to the General Admissions Requirements applicants must:
- Hold an Associate degree in nursing from an accredited institution.
- Applicants seeking to transfer credits must provide official transcript from approved post-secondary schools.
- Background check and drug screening.
- License as a registered nurse that is active and non-restricted.